Chicken Spaghetti (Episode 5)
She's Cookin' up a recipe straight from the great state of Iowa! It's Chicken Spaghetti, a concoction of pasta, processed cheese and something called "chicken water." Betsy is joined by She's Folks member, Alex Newkirk, who was introduced to this recipe by his friend, Katie J. (See below)
If you have a perplexing potluck or distressing Midwestern recipe, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re on the lookout for dishes from community cookbooks, frayed family recipe cards, hot dish horrors, and even the occasional back panel of a Velveeta box.
See She's Folks live on stage! February 9 at the Greenhouse Theatre Center! Get your tickets!
2 chicken breasts
2 cans of Ro-Tel
1 box of Velveeta (full brick), cubed
3/4 lb. Spaghetti
Frozen garlic bread
1. Boil large pot of water. Once boiling, add chicken breasts. Cook until done. Set aside.
2. Keep water boiling, and add 3/4 lb spaghetti.
3. While pasta is cooking, chop chicken into “small pieces.”
4. Before draining pasta, reserve 1-2 cups “chicken water”
5. Drain pasta. Return to pot.
6. Put heat on low and stir in Velveeta, Ro-Tel, and chicken. Stir until combined and Velveeta has melted.
7. Serve with prepared garlic bread.